Members, you can log-in to your MySMPS Website to access:
- SMPS National’s Member Directory
- SMPS-OC’s On-line Community
- National Communities Specific to Your Needs
- Access to all of SMPS-OC On-Line Resources such as Marketer Magazine and the SMPS Foundation’s Industry White Papers
Get the latest SMPS-OC news and advance notice of our programs and events.
3,500 design, engineering and construction firms are enjoying growth and increased profitability because their marketing and business development team members are actively involved in SMPS, benefitting from:
- National and regional contacts that facilitate teaming opportunities, business referrals, and knowledge of A/E/C business practices, trends, and successes.
- Platforms for business development, marketing, and technical staff members to acquire the skills, leadership programs, and venues for speaking and writing on A/E/C topics, so they can become visible leaders.
- Opportunities to develop contacts and relationships in the A/E/C industry that create a greater sense of community and engage emerging leaders, and programs and conferences for creating connections that can lead directly to business opportunities with clients and teaming partners
Over 6,000 Members of SMPS benefit from the:
- Networking opportunities, which provide occupational support and are critical for growing business in the built environment.
- Leadership opportunities and skill development through participation on committees and chapter board of directors.
- Professional development through national and regional conferences and programs that address the business challenges faced by marketers, business developers, and practitioners in the A/E/C industry.
- Access to the Marketer and other targeted research and publications that provide information on economic trends and topics that impact the A/E/C industry.
- The opportunity to earn professional credentials via the Certified Professional Services Marketer Program.
SMPS offers many resources to support marketers, business developers, and firm owners in building their businesses and advancing their careers: from business contacts, to publications, professional development programs, samples, and tools, to opportunities to get more involved in the A/E/C community and hone their leadership skills.
Marketers: SMPS can connect you to best practices, tools, and programs that will help you to strengthen your communications, create winning proposals, and develop innovative marketing programs to grab the attention of clients—and build more business for your professional services firm.
Business Developers: SMPS can help you make valuable contacts, cultivate stronger relationships with clients, and build more business for your firm.
Firm Owners: SMPS can help you make new connections in the A/E/C community that can lead to business opportunities; develop your employees’ business development, marketing, and leadership skills; and establish your company as a thought leader in the design and building industry.
Marketer: This bimonthly journal—the premier publication of SMPS, regularly cited as the top benefit of membership—provides original, knowledge-based content on a wide range of subjects of interest to members. Innovative marketing, management, and leadership strategies; case studies; and lessons learned are covered for marketing and business development professionals. Articles are written by industry experts who face the challenges of marketing professional services every day.
Marketer QuickLook: This weekly e-newsletter brings you news about SMPS, member updates, chapter activities, professional development programs, leadership and volunteer opportunities, tips, and tools you can use. Members are automatically subscribed to receive Marketer QuickLook.
Research and White Papers: Each year, the SMPS Foundation funds original research to educate the design and building industry and contribute to the body of knowledge on professional services marketing. This original research identifies developing trends and measures and evaluates the effectiveness of fundamental and new marketing practices. White papers are free to members. Nonmembers can purchase the on-line at the SMPS Bookstore.
Bookstore: The SMPS Bookstore offers an ever-growing selection of publications and resources on marketing, business development, and management to support your work, business, and career.
SMPS-OC is the youngest chapter in California but we are growing FAST! Come out and see why at one of our upcoming luncheons or activities. Do you want to know how to get the most of of your SMPS membership? Then our New Member Orientation is a must attend. We hold these meeting before our monthly luncheons from 11-11:45am. You can RSVP for this event at no additional charge. We are excited to connect with you and help you navigate your way to success with SMPS! Please feel free to contact our Membership Director, Stephanie Wood, if you have any questions about membership.