Posted: November 21, 2017
Kimley-Horn has an opportunity for a Business Development professional in our downtown Los Angeles office. Responsibilities include initiating and developing relationships with external and internal clients; responding to time-sensitive requests for proposals and statements of qualifications; researching markets, clients, and projects; coordinating efforts with other marketing staff; identifying and vetting potential leads; independently managing time and duties; and more.
- BA degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, English, or the equivalent degree
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience
- Intermediate knowledge of Adobe InDesign
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to act independently while working with a team effectively
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines Flexibility to work outside normal working hours, and travel around LA and OC 50-75%
For more information, click here
Posted: November 9, 2017
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
Please click here for more information
Posted: October 20, 2017
Vanir Construction Management, Inc. has been exceeding client expectations for 35 years. Our progressive growth and quality of service has led Vanir to become consistently ranked among the top construction management firms in the nation by Engineering News-Record. As we continue growing into new areas and markets, our focus is to maintain a team of creative, ambitious, and visionary individuals.
Responsible for Vanir’s Business Development and Marketing activities in Los Angeles and Orange County. This position is a key leadership and client facing position, reporting directly to the Area Manager, and coordinating with corporate Business Development and Marketing functions in the Sacramento corporate office. The work location is in downtown Los Angeles with frequent travel throughout Los Angeles and Orange County. Occasional travel to other Southern California areas and Sacramento will be required. It is expected that this position will be spending a significant amount of time working outside the office.
Candidate will have a high degree of market knowledge and industry relationships particularly in the Education, Healthcare, Government, and Private-sector markets, with an emphasis on Program Management and Construction Management (PMCM) services. Business Development Director will be responsible for early identification of business opportunities, advancing relationships with strategic clients, identification of clients with robust CapEx spending plans positioning Vanir Construction Management for contract awards including teaming recommendations, coordinating the proposal preparation effort locally, liaise with corporate Business Development staff, and preparation of project teams for client interviews. Regular interface with clients, government agency staff, and elected officials at a high level. The Business Development Director will also represent the company in various industry trade shows, conventions, and other A/E/C associations and engagements.
- Assist in the preparation of annual Business Plan and updates with responsibility for Business Development and Marketing strategies
- Maintain and keep current computer database of all client opportunities
- Report weekly on business development activities
- Research and identification of potential strategic clients
- Early identification of business opportunities including conducting face-to face client fact-finding meetings, company positioning to win, and teaming recommendations
- Author win plans for strategic opportunities that address client requirements and gaps
- Lead the internal “Go/No-Go” decision making process
- Lead locally the proposal preparation efforts; liaise with local operations Project Directors and corporate proposal support functions in Sacramento
- Assist operations in preparation of proposed fees
- Prepare the interview team for client interviews and preparation of interview PowerPoint presentations, presentation boards, leave behinds, and other interview materials
- Conduct post-solicitation debriefs on wins and losses
- Represent our company at various local and national industry events, including those that occur before/after normal business hours
- Maintain weekly calendar of local industry events that Vanir staff is participating in
- Coordinate industry events that Vanir is sponsoring
- Assist in identifying key strategic hires related to new opportunities
- Interface with existing clients and staff; provide leadership at team building events
- Interface with company subject matter experts in key market sectors (Vanir “Executive Directors”)
- Support various political and charitable company initiatives
- As needed, report to Company senior management including CEO, President, COO, CFO, and CIO
Please click here for more information
Posted: October 10, 2017
Based in our Irvine or Pasadena office, the successful candidate will have the ability to identify, integrate and translate information from multiple sources into a creative, compelling, client-focused story. Produces high-quality proposals, presentations and marketing collateral in support of regional business development. Creates clean informational graphics and layouts per corporate standards. Must be comfortable and committed to working in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Minimum of 5 years of marketing and proposal experience, preferably in the A/E/C industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field preferred.
- Experience with RFQ/RFP and interview preparation process.
- Excellent copywriting/editing skills and attention to detail.
- Strong graphic design abilities and proficient use of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign,Illustrator, and Photoshop).
Please email cover letter and resume to Bob Stanley at email@example.com
To Submit a New Job Post
click here then complete the Job Post form. Your information will be reviewed prior to posting. Job posts will typically be live within 1 business day and remain live for 30 days.